What is a PRSSA membership?
In 1968, 20 years after its own establishment, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) founded the Public Relations Student Society of America. The declared purpose of PRSSA is to cultivate a favorable and mutually advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners.
Today The Public Relations Student Society of America has more than 9,600 members in 284 universities across the country.
The PRSSA vision explains how we have become and will remain the premier pre-professional organization for students in public relations.
- Growth — Becoming the largest, most respected and widely recognized organization for pre-professional students with an interest in public relations.
- Education — Enhancing the future professional through classroom preparation, leadership and experience.
- Advancement — Moving the public relations profession forward through public awareness, meaningful ethics and diverse representation.
- Relationships — Aligning with PRSA and forming a free interchange of ideas through professional relationships, practical training and mentoring.
- Students — Providing members with national, regional and local opportunities to network, share ideas and grow professionally.
Click here for more information on: PRSSA Mission, Structure, Communications, Awards & Scholarships and Travel Opportunities.
How to join The Beth Wood Chapter of PRSSA at IU?
If you are interested in joining The Beth Wood Chapter of PRSSA at IU, there is a mandatory $60 member dues paid per calendar year. This means once you’ve paid your dues, your membership will be valid for one year.
Questions about dues or membership may be directed to Megan Gorsky, IU PRSSA Director of Membership, at (email@example.com).