By Emma Tiernon
Public relations can be rewarding, yet sometimes it feels like we have to swim through a sea of tacks to get there. These quotes are needed on your computer, desk and mirror in the morning if you want to have a successful day. We compiled the best five PR quotes that are so good, you’ll wish you said it yourself!
“Everything you do or say is public relations.” – Unknown
- PR is your personal brand, not just your job! This unknown scholar reminds us that we are always representing our brand.
“PR means telling the truth and working ethically – even when all the media want is headlines and all the public wants is scapegoats. Public relations fails when there is no integrity.” – Viv Segal of Sefin Marketing
- This saying brings us back to basics. Don’t lose your integrity, stay alert and stay honest!
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffet
- This classic quote by the infamous Warren Buffet sets the foundation for public relations. It is a good reminder for PR pros, businesses and leaders and employees everywhere.
“Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.” – Rudyard Kipling
- PR is story telling. PR pros strive to share the stories of their clients in the best way possible. Executed correctly and PR becomes a client’s great weapon.
“At the end, you’re different or you’re cheaper.” – Guy Kawaski
- This gutsy quote pushes us to strive to be better. Public relations is about standing out, not blending in, make sure your clients feel the same way!